HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
A Health Savings Account from KCCU is a smart way to help manage your current and future health care costs.
WHAT IS AN HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a special tax-advantaged savings account*, similar to an IRA, but is designed for medical expenses and to help make healthcare more affordable. To open an HSA, you must:
- Have a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Not have any other major medical insurance coverage
- Not be enrolled in Medicare
- Not be claimed as a dependent
BENEFITS OF A KCCU HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
- Easy access to funds via free KCCU HSA debit card
- No fees for opening account
- Earn interest on tax-free funds
- No initial deposit or minimum balance requirement
- Monitor your account with KCCU’s online banking or our phone banking service
For more information, download the 2016 HSA Brochure *Consult your tax advisor regarding the tax advantages of a health savings accountBACK TO TOP